
Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité
Titre propre
Tuxford Hospital Company Ltd. fonds
Dénomination générale des documents
- Document textuel
Titre parallèle
Compléments du titre
Mentions de responsabilité du titre
Notes du titre
Niveau de description
Fonds
Cote
Zone de l'édition
Mention d'édition
Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition
Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents
Mention d'échelle (cartographique)
Mention de projection (cartographique)
Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)
Mention d'échelle (architecturale)
Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)
Zone des dates de production
Date(s)
Zone de description matérielle
Description matérielle
22.0 cm of textual records.
Zone de la collection
Titre propre de la collection
Titres parallèles de la collection
Compléments du titre de la collection
Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection
Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection
Note sur la collection
Zone de la description archivistique
Nom du producteur
Histoire administrative
The first doctor arrived in Tuxford, Saskatchewan in 1906.
The Tuxford Hospital Company Ltd. was formed in 1919 to provide hospital services to Tuxford and area. The first board consisted of James G. Knox - President, R.R. Bruce - Vice President, and J.J.G. Wilkinson as Treasurer. Other members of the first board were Mr.’s Kennedy, Hatchand, Storry, Black, McCartney and Astleford.
A two story hospital was opened in 1920 with Nurse Fisk as the first Matron and Dr. Storry attending.
The hospital must have often been marginal in terms of its financial success as minutes of 1931 are referred to as the meetings of liquidators. A meeting was scheduled for August 7, 1939 to wind up the affairs of the company. There is also legal correspondence re: non-payment of staff. It seems to have survived and continued to operate as a hospital until 1945.
The property was leased (ca. 1950) to a Kathleen Mary Gilmour who operated the building as an old age home until she sold the business to Miss L.A. Kirby in 1945. Kirby closed her business in 1965.
This marked the formal end of the Tuxford Hospital Company Limited. In 1965, the building was sold to Dave and Carol Little who renovated the building and continued to run it as an old age home.
Historique de la conservation
Portée et contenu
This fonds consists of business records of the Tuxford Hospital Company including minutes, correspondence, financial and stockholders records. No operational/medical records are included other than patient accounts.
Zone des notes
État de conservation
Source immédiate d'acquisition
Accession number 47.BA donated to the archives by Olive Wells and the Tuxford Heritage Group.
Classement
Langue des documents
- anglais
Écriture des documents
Localisation des originaux
Disponibilité d'autres formats
Restrictions d'accès
Some items, particularly the Patients Journal, make reference in a general way to treatments received by patients. Access to these items should be restricted until legal status re: privacy can be reviewed.
Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication
Instruments de recherche
Finding aids and file list available.
Instrument de recherche téléversé
Éléments associés
Accruals
No further accruals expected.
Conservation
This fonds was re boxed and foldered in 2004.
Location note
Boxes V-48, H-37 - H-38