
Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad
Título apropiado
Tuxford Hospital Company Ltd. fonds
Tipo general de material
- Textual record
Título paralelo
Otra información de título
Título declaración de responsabilidad
Título notas
Nivel de descripción
Fondo
Institución archivística
Código de referencia
Área de edición
Declaración de edición
Declaración de responsabilidad de edición
Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material
Mención de la escala (cartográfica)
Mención de proyección (cartográfica)
Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)
Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)
Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)
Área de fechas de creación
Fecha(s)
Área de descripción física
Descripción física
22.0 cm of textual records.
Área de series editoriales
Título apropiado de las series del editor
Títulos paralelos de serie editorial
Otra información de título de las series editoriales
Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales
Numeración dentro de la serie editorial
Nota en las series editoriales
Área de descripción del archivo
Nombre del productor
Historia administrativa
The first doctor arrived in Tuxford, Saskatchewan in 1906.
The Tuxford Hospital Company Ltd. was formed in 1919 to provide hospital services to Tuxford and area. The first board consisted of James G. Knox - President, R.R. Bruce - Vice President, and J.J.G. Wilkinson as Treasurer. Other members of the first board were Mr.’s Kennedy, Hatchand, Storry, Black, McCartney and Astleford.
A two story hospital was opened in 1920 with Nurse Fisk as the first Matron and Dr. Storry attending.
The hospital must have often been marginal in terms of its financial success as minutes of 1931 are referred to as the meetings of liquidators. A meeting was scheduled for August 7, 1939 to wind up the affairs of the company. There is also legal correspondence re: non-payment of staff. It seems to have survived and continued to operate as a hospital until 1945.
The property was leased (ca. 1950) to a Kathleen Mary Gilmour who operated the building as an old age home until she sold the business to Miss L.A. Kirby in 1945. Kirby closed her business in 1965.
This marked the formal end of the Tuxford Hospital Company Limited. In 1965, the building was sold to Dave and Carol Little who renovated the building and continued to run it as an old age home.
Historial de custodia
Alcance y contenido
This fonds consists of business records of the Tuxford Hospital Company including minutes, correspondence, financial and stockholders records. No operational/medical records are included other than patient accounts.
Área de notas
Condiciones físicas
Origen del ingreso
Accession number 47.BA donated to the archives by Olive Wells and the Tuxford Heritage Group.
Arreglo
Idioma del material
- inglés
Escritura del material
Ubicación de los originales
Disponibilidad de otros formatos
Restricciones de acceso
Some items, particularly the Patients Journal, make reference in a general way to treatments received by patients. Access to these items should be restricted until legal status re: privacy can be reviewed.
Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación
Instrumentos de descripción
Finding aids and file list available.
Uploaded finding aid
Materiales asociados
Acumulaciones
No further accruals expected.
Conservation
This fonds was re boxed and foldered in 2004.
Location note
Boxes V-48, H-37 - H-38