Fondo MJ-048 - Tuxford Hospital Company Ltd. fonds

Original Digital object not accessible

Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad

Título apropiado

Tuxford Hospital Company Ltd. fonds

Tipo general de material

  • Textual record

Título paralelo

Otra información de título

Título declaración de responsabilidad

Título notas

Nivel de descripción

Fondo

Código de referencia

MJ-048

Área de edición

Declaración de edición

Declaración de responsabilidad de edición

Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material

Mención de la escala (cartográfica)

Mención de proyección (cartográfica)

Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)

Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)

Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)

Área de fechas de creación

Fecha(s)

Área de descripción física

Descripción física

22.0 cm of textual records.

Área de series editoriales

Título apropiado de las series del editor

Títulos paralelos de serie editorial

Otra información de título de las series editoriales

Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales

Numeración dentro de la serie editorial

Nota en las series editoriales

Área de descripción del archivo

Nombre del productor

(1919-1945)

Historia administrativa

The first doctor arrived in Tuxford, Saskatchewan in 1906.

The Tuxford Hospital Company Ltd. was formed in 1919 to provide hospital services to Tuxford and area. The first board consisted of James G. Knox - President, R.R. Bruce - Vice President, and J.J.G. Wilkinson as Treasurer. Other members of the first board were Mr.’s Kennedy, Hatchand, Storry, Black, McCartney and Astleford.

A two story hospital was opened in 1920 with Nurse Fisk as the first Matron and Dr. Storry attending.

The hospital must have often been marginal in terms of its financial success as minutes of 1931 are referred to as the meetings of liquidators. A meeting was scheduled for August 7, 1939 to wind up the affairs of the company. There is also legal correspondence re: non-payment of staff. It seems to have survived and continued to operate as a hospital until 1945.
The property was leased (ca. 1950) to a Kathleen Mary Gilmour who operated the building as an old age home until she sold the business to Miss L.A. Kirby in 1945. Kirby closed her business in 1965.

This marked the formal end of the Tuxford Hospital Company Limited. In 1965, the building was sold to Dave and Carol Little who renovated the building and continued to run it as an old age home.

Historial de custodia

Alcance y contenido

This fonds consists of business records of the Tuxford Hospital Company including minutes, correspondence, financial and stockholders records. No operational/medical records are included other than patient accounts.

Área de notas

Condiciones físicas

Origen del ingreso

Accession number 47.BA donated to the archives by Olive Wells and the Tuxford Heritage Group.

Arreglo

Idioma del material

  • inglés

Escritura del material

Ubicación de los originales

Disponibilidad de otros formatos

Restricciones de acceso

Some items, particularly the Patients Journal, make reference in a general way to treatments received by patients. Access to these items should be restricted until legal status re: privacy can be reviewed.

Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación

Instrumentos de descripción

Finding aids and file list available.

Materiales asociados

Materiales relacionados

Acumulaciones

No further accruals expected.

Conservation

This fonds was re boxed and foldered in 2004.

Location note

Boxes V-48, H-37 - H-38

Identificador/es alternativo(os)

Área de número estándar

Número estándar

Puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Puntos de acceso por autoridad

Tipo de puntos de acceso

Área de control

Digital object (Ejemplar original), área de permisos

Digital object (Referencia), área de permisos

Digital object (Miniatura), área de permisos

Área de Ingreso

Materias relacionadas

Personas y organizaciones relacionadas

Lugares relacionados

Tipos relacionados