Y.M.C.A. Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- MJ-133.94-228
- Item
- 1910-1913
Part of Rice's Studio collection
The Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) Building in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; view from Fairford Street East.
Rice, Lewis
127 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
Y.M.C.A. Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Part of Rice's Studio collection
The Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) Building in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; view from Fairford Street East.
Rice, Lewis
Part of Town Collection
Photograph of the brick commercial/residential George Thompson block on the west side of Grand Avenue (across from the current Indian Head Bakery).
People - mainly men and boys - are on the street, on bicycles in a horse-drawn carriage and leaning out of upper story windows. The photo is glued onto yellow manila paper with the caption "William Conn 514 Grand'.
Part of City of Regina fonds
3 unidentified women seated on cement wall in Wascana Park, with the Legislative Buildings in background.
Part of Rice's Studio collection
Image of vehicle and pedestrian traffic in front of the Walter Scott building. View from the corner of Main Street and High Street East. 'Rice photo' inscribed on lower half of the photograph.
Rice, Lewis
"View On Main Street, Biggar Sask."
Part of Biggar Photograph Collection
Street view of four buildings on Main Street in Biggar, Saskatchewan; a sign on one of the buildings reads "The Independent Job Printing Works"
Part of MJ General Photograph Collection
Group of people seated and standing on steps of Victoria Boarding House in Moose Jaw
Aerial view of Vancouver, BC looking south from roof of the Royal Bank Building
Town Office in Biggar, Saskatchewan
Part of Biggar Photograph Collection
A view of the town office located on Third Avenue West in Biggar, Saskatchewan
Thorvaldson Building - Official Opening
E.M. (Ted) Culliton, University Chancellor, drawing back a curtain from a plaque fixed to an easel. Dignitaries seated behind him.
Bio/Historical Note: The Chemistry Building was enlarged with an addition and was renamed in honour of Dr. Thorbergur Thorvaldson, professor and dean of Chemistry from 1919-1959. The Thorvaldson Building opened on 6 June 1966. Architect John B. Parkin’s modern design continued with exterior stone cladding. The near windowless, stone three-storey addition provided classrooms, undergraduate and research laboratories, offices, a library and service facilities.
Thorvaldson Building - Official Opening
Ross Thatcher, Premier of Saskatchewan, delivers an address at the opening of the Thorvaldson Building. Plaque at left; seated dignitaries at right.
Thorvaldson Building - Official Opening
J.W.T. Spinks, University President, greets Dr. Edith C. Rowles Simpson, Dean of Home Economics, at official opening of the Thorvaldson Building.
Bio/Historical Note: The Chemistry Building was enlarged with an addition and was renamed in honour of Dr. Thorbergur Thorvaldson, professor and dean of Chemistry from 1919-1959. The Thorvaldson Building opened on 6 June 1966. Architect John B. Parkin’s modern design continued with exterior stone cladding. The near windowless, stone three-storey addition provided classrooms, undergraduate and research laboratories, offices, a library and service facilities.
Thorvaldson Building - Exterior
Unidentified man walks on pathway in front of Thorvaldson Building.
Thorvaldson Building - Exterior
Looking north at Thorvaldson Building; cars parked in front.