- IHM.2021.0229
- Item
- [190-]
Parte de School Collection
The Indian Head Public School from a street view. The school opened in 1901 and continued until 1977.
64 resultados diretamente relacionados Excluir termos específicos
Parte de School Collection
The Indian Head Public School from a street view. The school opened in 1901 and continued until 1977.
Parte de School Collection
Postcard, postmarked December 28, 1911 a picture of the elementary school (coloured) and handwritten text on the reverse, addressed to Mr. Sidney Jones, Hillesden, Sask (southwest of Broadview) and sent by "Mary" from the Balmoral Hotel in Indian Head
Indian Head Collegiate - Demolition ca. 1974
Parte de School Collection
Newsclipping with a photo of the Indian Head Collegiate after demolition. The front steps of the old school remain just west of the current school.
The collection contains four scanned copies of black and white photographs of the Queen's Park school and students, and are believed to have been originally taken during the 1930s.
Sem título
Toni & Jeanette Bedard collection
The collection contains two black and white photographs from Toni and Jeanette's personal collection depicting students standing outside of the Harriville schoolhouse. One photograph features the Harriville School honour roll students of 1931, while the other features the 14 students of Harriville School of ca. 1933.
Extension to St. Joseph's School
Parte de Frank Glass Photograph Collection
An addition being added to St. Joseph's Convent School in 1953.
The pupils and teachers in the stone school in 1899
Parte de Howard Jackson Collection
The pupils and teachers in the stone school in 1899. The principal was Mr. J. A. Gregory, right rear, and his assistant was Mr. J. A. M. Patrick, later be came Judge Patrick, left rear. A list of the pupils shown here may be found on another page in the album.
St. Margaret's Church and School in Biggar, Saskatchewan
Parte de Biggar Photograph Collection
A street view of St. Margaret's Church and School in Biggar, Saskatchewan
Program for the official opening of the new Indian Head Elementary School
Parte de School Collection
Booklet contains messages from Ed Tchorzewski, Minister of Education, Dr. B. Smith-Windsor, Chairman of the Indian Head School Board and a list of personnel, a program on the occasion of the opening of the Indian Head Elementary School with a major new addition to the existing building, including a gym.
Parte de Town Collection
The Fair Play school shortly after it was constructed in 1902 (see Indian Head history book pp 79-81)
Parte de Book Collection
Two copies of a coil-bound book containing poems and stories based on the events of the author Myra (Smith) Stilborn's life. One copy is larger than the other.
Sem título
Thornton School, Biggar, Sask.
Parte de Biggar Photograph Collection
Thornton School in Biggar, SK; built in 1924, demolished in 1972.
A weiner [sp] roast at Lenwall school
Parte de LRA Photograph Collection
Children and adults gathered outside the Lenwall school having wiener roast
Wide Awake School cairn unveiling
Parte de Freda Hammond fonds
Invitation to Wide Awake School cairn unveiling on August 1, 1993 and an undated newspaper photo of the old one-room schoolhouse before demolition.
Little Stone School - Opening Ceremonies
J.W.T. Spinks, University President, addresses guests at the official opening of the Little Stone School on the U of S grounds. An unidentified woman is seated next to Dr. Spinks at a small table, while guests stand and sit next to school entrance.
Bio/Historical Note: The original Victoria School, now known as the Little Stone Schoolhouse (LSS), was built in 1887 by Alexander Marr, known for owning the Marr residence, currently the oldest residential building in Saskatoon. The LSS building was not only Saskatoon’s first school and library, it was also its first public building. In the evenings, various community events were held here, such as dances, meetings and various religious events. The one-room school house was used until a two room school house was constructed in 1905, followed by an even larger Victoria School in 1909, officially assuming the role of the original Victoria School. In 1911 the Imperial Order Daughters of the Empire raised funds to preserve and relocate the building to the University of Saskatchewan campus. The school was carefully dismantled and moved. Almost 50 years later, in 1967, the Saskatoon Council of Women raised money to renovate the building and officially opened the LSS as a museum. Later that year the LSS was declared a Municipal Heritage Site and eventually Provincial Heritage Property in 1982. The Little Stone Schoolhouse continues to play an important role in the Saskatoon community and on the University of Saskatchewan campus. The U of S took over the operation of the building in 1981 and the Diefenbaker Canada Centre has ensured the continued appreciation of this historical landmark. The main Little Stone Schoolhouse program focuses on a historical introduction and the docent roleplaying as a school teacher.