St. Gabriel's Church and School
- 77.71.30
- Item
- ca.1950
Part of Biggar Photograph Collection
Two buildings, both with crucifixes above the doorway and on the roof
There is snow on the ground
64 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
St. Gabriel's Church and School
Part of Biggar Photograph Collection
Two buildings, both with crucifixes above the doorway and on the roof
There is snow on the ground
Sod School - Handford School District
Group photograph of students standing outside of their sod school house.
Smith High School with Stewart School in the background.
Schools & Education, Sports & Recreation
Photos of Rosetown and area schools, parks, sports teams/events, and event centres, collected by Frank Glass.
Front entrance of the Rosetown Convent School with statue.
Rosetown Central High School.
Part of School Collection
Postcard, postmarked December 28, 1911 a picture of the elementary school (coloured) and handwritten text on the reverse, addressed to Mr. Sidney Jones, Hillesden, Sask (southwest of Broadview) and sent by "Mary" from the Balmoral Hotel in Indian Head
Public School - Humboldt, Sask.
Humboldt Public School located at 509 Eighth Avenue.
Salter Studios (Humboldt)
Program for the official opening of the new Indian Head Elementary School
Part of School Collection
Booklet contains messages from Ed Tchorzewski, Minister of Education, Dr. B. Smith-Windsor, Chairman of the Indian Head School Board and a list of personnel, a program on the occasion of the opening of the Indian Head Elementary School with a major new addition to the existing building, including a gym.
Photograph of Sunny South School
Part of School Collection
7 children and 2 adults are sitting by the school. There is typewritten text attached with a brief history of the school, including the names of pupils and teachers.
Sunny South School District No. 161
N.W.M.P riding school in Regina, Saskatchewan
Part of City of Regina fonds
Exterior front-side view of the North West Mounted Police (NWMP) riding school located at Depot Division in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Part of LRA Photograph Collection
Exterior view of the North Gully school building with snow on the ground.
Little Stone School - Opening Ceremonies
J.W.T. Spinks, University President, addresses guests at the official opening of the Little Stone School on the U of S grounds. An unidentified woman is seated next to Dr. Spinks at a small table, while guests stand and sit next to school entrance.
Bio/Historical Note: The original Victoria School, now known as the Little Stone Schoolhouse (LSS), was built in 1887 by Alexander Marr, known for owning the Marr residence, currently the oldest residential building in Saskatoon. The LSS building was not only Saskatoon’s first school and library, it was also its first public building. In the evenings, various community events were held here, such as dances, meetings and various religious events. The one-room school house was used until a two room school house was constructed in 1905, followed by an even larger Victoria School in 1909, officially assuming the role of the original Victoria School. In 1911 the Imperial Order Daughters of the Empire raised funds to preserve and relocate the building to the University of Saskatchewan campus. The school was carefully dismantled and moved. Almost 50 years later, in 1967, the Saskatoon Council of Women raised money to renovate the building and officially opened the LSS as a museum. Later that year the LSS was declared a Municipal Heritage Site and eventually Provincial Heritage Property in 1982. The Little Stone Schoolhouse continues to play an important role in the Saskatoon community and on the University of Saskatchewan campus. The U of S took over the operation of the building in 1981 and the Diefenbaker Canada Centre has ensured the continued appreciation of this historical landmark. The main Little Stone Schoolhouse program focuses on a historical introduction and the docent roleplaying as a school teacher.
Part of LRA Photograph Collection
Exterior view of the school building. A pick-up truck is seem parked at the right side.
Welch, Elsie
Part of LRA Photograph Collection
Photo of Lenwall School building.