Mid-Sask. Distributors Ltd. (Coca-Cola)
- GAP.10.14
- Series
- 1982
Part of Graphic Arts Printing fonds
This series contains 1 invoice form, and 2 business cards.
Graphic Arts Printing
239 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
Mid-Sask. Distributors Ltd. (Coca-Cola)
Part of Graphic Arts Printing fonds
This series contains 1 invoice form, and 2 business cards.
Graphic Arts Printing
Morton Historical Association - Executive - Group Photo
A.S. Morton and G.W. Simpson pose with the executive of the Morton Historical Association in academic robes. Names of members not supplied.
Membership in the Historical Association, formed in 1917-1918, was open to any student who had taken one course in history at the University. Professor A.S. Morton fostered the society from the beginning and proved a source of inspiration in awakening and sustaining interest not only in ancient history and historical research, but also in modern problems and events. A photograph of members and a brief account of the Associations activities appears in most editions of the official yearbook or Greystone.
Morton Historical Association - Executive - Group Photo
Executive of the Morton Historical Association. Written on back of photo are names: K.M. Benson, Jean E. Murray, Ruth Smith, P. Jordan, Jean MacKay, Beth Stewart and Jack Purves.
Bio/historical note: Membership in the Historical Association, formed in 1917-1918, was open to any student who had taken one course in history at the University. Professor A.S. Morton fostered the society from the beginning and proved a source of inspiration in awakening and sustaining interest not only in ancient history and historical research, but also in modern problems and events. A photograph of members and a brief account of the Associations activities appears in most editions of the official yearbook or Greystone.
Motorcycle accident on Circle Drive in Saskatoon
Part of Saskatoon StarPhoenix fonds
File contains photographs of police and rescue personnel on the scene of a fatal motorcycle accident on Circle Drive in Saskatoon. Included are images of a body covered with a blanket on the shoulder of the road.
Part of Biggar Photograph Collection
Mr. and Mrs. Ernie Duffus sitting next to each other in separate chairs.
Photos of various local choirs including the Fireside Singers.
Name tags for Legion convention attendance by Doug Roberton
Part of Military Collection
Name tags of Doug Roberton representing the Indian Head Legion Branch as a delegate at the Royal Canadian Legion - Saskatchewan Command 33rd and 34th biennial conventions in Saskatoon (1985) and Regina (1987).
View of students standing outside of the Native Law Centre at 420 Cumberland Avenue South.
Bio/Historical Note: The Native Law Centre at the University of Saskatchewan was founded in 1975 by Dr. Roger C. Carter whose commitment to social justice issues convinced the University of the need for a Centre to facilitate access to legal education for Indigenous peoples. This was to promote the development of the law and the legal system in Canada in ways that better accommodate the advancement of Indigenous peoples and communities, and to disseminate information concerning Indigenous peoples and the law. Structured initially as an independent special project within the University of Saskatchewan, the Centre became a department of the College of Law in 1984. From the beginning, the Centre has nurtured innovation in its program areas of teaching, research, and publication. The Indigenous Law Centre continues to build upon that history and remains attentive to the contributions made as well as the challenges confronted by Indigenous peoples in Canada and internationally. Directors of the Centre have included: Roger C. Carter (1975-1981); D.J. Purich (1981-1994); J.Y. Henderson (1994- ) and Larry Chartrand (2017-). In May 2018, the Cree words “Wiyasiwewin Mikiwahp” were added to the Native Law Centre's name, so it will now be called Wiyasiwewin Mikiwahp Native Law Centre.
News clippings relating to early settlers in Saskatoon.
Clippings from the Saskatoon Phoenix describe experiences of early settlers as they arrived in Saskatoon, beginning in the 1880s. The time period covers from 1 April 1911 to 19 April 1921. Also included is an article taken from a book on the settlement of the West by F. Maclure Sclanders, Commissioner of the Saskatoon Board of Trade. Also included is a program of the "Dinner for the '83 Boys", the men who homesteaded the Saskatoon area. Held 3 October 1912; names of participants are written on the inside of the program.
Norman Ferrier Memorial Trophy
Image of the Norman Ferrier Memorial Curling Trophy of the University Curling Club shot on a black background.
Bio/Historical Note: Norman Ferrier was a chief biological technician in the Biology Department.
Bio/Historical Note: Donations were solicited towards a curling trophy in the memory of Norman Ferrier (died 1965), with the trophy being awarded each spring to the winning team of the University Faculty and Staff Curling Club.
Looking north at Observatory.
Bio/Historical Note: The Observatory was designed by Gentil J.K. Verbeke and constructed in two phases using local limestone from 1928-1930 for about $23,000. The R. J. Arrand Contracting Co. was contracted to build the Observatory Tower in 1928 for a cost of $6625. The firm completed the tower $353 under budget on 14 April 1929, for $6,272. On 20 June 1929 R. J. Arrand was again awarded a contract by the University, this time to build the small classroom wing of the Observatory for $15,640. Work on the classroom wing was completed on 23 January 1930 for $15,034.50. University funding for the construction of the building was supplemented by private donations. Along with the Field Husbandry Building, the Observatory would be among the last free-standing buildings constructed on campus until after World War II. A plaque with the names of many donors still hangs inside the dome of the observatory. Saskatoon residents will find many of the names highly recognizable even today. A sundial was added to the exterior of the Observatory during the 1940s. It reads:
I am a Shadow
So art thou
The observatory facilities are available for use by both university students and visitors to the campus. The telescopes and other scientific equipment are used by students during the laboratory component of their courses. University personnel regularly offer tours of the observatory to elementary and high school classes, youth groups and other community associations. The Observatory is staffed year-round on Saturday nights so that any visitor may view celestial objects through the telescope.
Close-up view of the sundial located on the south side of the Observatory.
Bio/Historical Note: The Observatory was designed by Gentil J.K. Verbeke and constructed in two phases using local limestone from 1928-1930 for about $23,000. The R. J. Arrand Contracting Co. was contracted to build the Observatory Tower in 1928 for a cost of $6625. The firm completed the tower $353 under budget on 14 April 1929, for $6,272. On 20 June 1929 R. J. Arrand was again awarded a contract by the University, this time to build the small classroom wing of the Observatory for $15,640. Work on the classroom wing was completed on 23 January 1930 for $15,034.50. University funding for the construction of the building was supplemented by private donations. Along with the Field Husbandry Building, the Observatory would be among the last free-standing buildings constructed on campus until after World War II. A plaque with the names of many donors still hangs inside the dome of the observatory. Saskatoon residents will find many of the names highly recognizable even today. A sundial was added to the exterior of the Observatory during the 1940s. It reads:
I am a Shadow
So art thou
The observatory facilities are available for use by both university students and visitors to the campus. The telescopes and other scientific equipment are used by students during the laboratory component of their courses. University personnel regularly offer tours of the observatory to elementary and high school classes, youth groups and other community associations. The Observatory is staffed year-round on Saturday nights so that any visitor may view celestial objects through the telescope.
Official Yearbook 1925 - University of Saskatchewan
Part of Book Collection
182-page softcover book dedicated to "The Graduating Class of 1925". Violet McAfee an "Arts and Science" graduate (p.17) was the daughter of Rev. Thomas and Elizabeth (Swan) McAfee.
Part of Graphic Arts Printing fonds
This series contains 1 letterhead, and 1 business card.
Graphic Arts Printing
Participants in "Gas Tractioneering School"
A large group of men lined up with tractors outdoors