- A-473
- Pièce
- 1950
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
Elevated view looking northeast of Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture); Town of Sutherland in background.
32 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
Elevated view looking northeast of Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture); Town of Sutherland in background.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
View of dorm room in Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture) with J.E. Cammaut of Rockyford, Alberta, seated at desk in one corner of room. Desk has radio, lamp and books on it. Wheat Pool calendar on wall in background. Cupboard with hockey stick, skates, shoes and books behind student; bed in foreground.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
View looking north of Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture); trees in foreground.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
View of the height of the brick building showing double doorway with a path leading up to it, windows in a tower above it. Bicycles standing to the right and left of the doorway and a light above it. Trees on the left. Emblem near the top of the building with the date,"1947".
Mrs. Van Beckloff, Mrs. Frank Former, Margaret Pattillo
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
Mrs. Van Beckloff, Mrs. Frank Former, Margaret Pattillo standing in front of Kirk Hall.
Bio/Historical Note: Margaret H. Pattillo was born in Truro, Nova Scotia, on 27 June 1916. She received her teacher's certificate from the Nova Scotia Normal School, then enrolled in Acadia University, obtaining her B.Sc. (Home Economics) in 1938. Following her service with the RCAF Women's Division during World War II, Pattillo joined the University of Saskatchewan (1946) as Instructor in the Department of Women's Work. She earned her MSc. H.Ec. from Michigan State University in 1951 and was promoted to Assistant Professor (1951) and Associate Professor (1957). She held various positions, including serving as Executive Director of Saskatchewan Association of Homemakers' Clubs/Women's Institutes. In 1979 the Canadian Society of Extension presented Pattillo with an Honourary Life Membership in the Society for her distinguished service to Extension Education, and she was inducted into the Saskatchewan Agricultural Hall of Fame on 12 August 1990. Pattillo retired from the University in 1981, and died on 12 October 1990 at the age of 74. She is buried in Robie Cemetery in Truro, Nova Scotia.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
Image of Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture) under construction.
Bio/Historical Note: Kirk Hall is one of two buildings designed by Frank J. Martin of Portnall and Stock Associate Architects, and was built between 1947-1949. Kirk Hall and the John Mitchell Building share many similarities in materials, form and detail. Originally called the School of Agriculture Building, Kirk Hall was renamed in 1962 after Lawrence Eldred Kirk, who served as Dean of Agriculture from 1937 to 1946.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
View of Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture) students having a meal in the cafeteria.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
View of Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture) under construction.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
Two male students in a room in Kirk Hall; one laying on a bed, the other seated at a desk.
Bio/Historical Note: The School of Agriculture Building was one of the three structures built between 1948 and 1949 that made up what was called the “Agriculture group” of buildings. Along with the Virus Laboratory and the Soils and Dairy Laboratories, the School of Agriculture was a flat-roofed yellow brick structure. The three-storey building, designed by Portnall & Stock and built at a cost of $600,000, contained enough bedrooms for every student in the school, common rooms, an auditorium, and a cafeteria. The building was renamed in 1962 for Dr. L. E. Kirk, former Dean of Agriculture, who is best known for his pioneering efforts in forage crop breeding and genetics. The School of Agriculture moved into the College of Agriculture Building in 1991.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
View looking north of Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture); ncomplete landscaping in foreground.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
View looking north of Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture); cars parked on road in foreground.
Students working in a laboratory
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
Originally titled and described: Kirk Hall - Interior
View of students at work in Kirk Hall laboratory (School of Agriculture). Students are standing and seated at lab tables.
But based on the windows it looks like this is more likely a laboratory in the John Mitchell (Soils and Dairy Science) Building.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
View of dorm room in Kirk Hall (School of Agriculture) with Cliff Redenburg of Benson, Saskatchewan, seated at desk in one corner of room, with Don Pearson of Eastend, Saskatchewan, seated on bed. Desk has lamp and small items on it. Windows and curtains in background.
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
Brick building showing double doorway with a path leading up to it, windows in a tower above it. Bicycle standing to the right of the doorway and a light above it.
Agriculture - Class in Session
Fait partie de University of Saskatchewan Photograph Collection
R.J. St. Arnaud instructs a first year class in auditorium of Kirk Hall. Painting of wild cattle, and windows along wall.