Victor E. Graham, Dean of Agriculture, speaking from a podium during the sod turning ceremony for the Animal Science Building. Clifford H. Whiting, chair, University Board of Governors), wearing a hat at far left; with Dr. J.M. (Milt) Bell, head of Animal Sciences, at right.
Bio/Historical Note: Construction of the Animal Science Building began in 1958 and officially opened on 14 June 1960. Designed by Stock and Ramsay of Regina and costing $482,000, the red-brick structure had a one-storey and two-storey wing. The new building allowed the faculty to move to office and laboratory space from the University’s Main Barn. Because of its location immediately west of the Main Barn, one of the two access ramps leading to the loft was removed.